Many vacation homes for sale in Belize are not listed in the traditional manner with a real estate agent/broker. They are on the market “For Sale By Owner”. Locating these property listings can be challenging, but well worth the trouble in monetary savings as well as finding your tropical vacation dream home in Belize.
In Belize, real estate agents are unregulated. On the island of Ambergris Caye, the most popular tourist destination in the country, there is no “Multiple Listing Service” (MLS), where the existing agents share information on the properties listed with their office. This creates an atmosphere where many agents only show their listings to prospective buyers. So the buyer, many times unaware of this practice, may buy a property that was not exactly what they wanted, but were told that there was nothing else available.
Another very important fact that most non-Belizean buyers are unaware of is the commission rates charged by the agent/brokers to the sellers. The normal commission on a home or property sale is 10%! You may think that as a buyer it doesn’t matter to you what the seller has to pay, but how do you think they pay it? By increasing the price of the home/property to you, the buyer.
For these reasons more and more owners in Belize are turning to selling their homes and properties themselves. With the internet becoming easier for anyone to use, the only challenge is to find these offerings. There are many commercial web-sites available servicing this growing need for “For Sale By Owner” exposure, as well as some newer, grass-roots sites such as:Ambergris Caye Underground Listings
I wish everyone good luck in finding their vacation deal of a lifetime.
Renting a car can be a frustrating and high stress experience, if you don’t know the ropes. These few simple tips can make it easier.
Tips for saving money:
- Book your rental online, many rental companies have online specials.
- Book your rental at the same time you book your air travel or hotel, package rates are usually discounted.
- Rent a 2,3 or 5 day, or week long package, packages are generally priced lower.
- Many rental companies will offer you the option of returning the car without filling the gas tank…They do this by selling you the full tank of gas that is in the vehicle at the time of rental. If you are sure you be using more than one tank of gas, and you are offered a price per gallon that is lower than the prevailing price per gallon in the area, you could save a few dollars, and have less hassle returning your vehicle.
How are you going to handle insurance?The rental agent will try very hard to sell you the coverage’s they offer…which are usually a very expensive form of temporary insurance.
- You do have other options…The least costly way is to tell them that your personal or business auto policy will cover you. Before you suggest this, be sure you check with your insurance agent, to be sure exactly what coverage you do have.
- Many credit cards will cover some rental car insurance…You need to use that card to pay for your rental, and be sure you understand what is covered and what the limits are.
- The type or model car you reserved is not available…what can you do? This could be a bait and switch tactic, or they may just be overstocked on larger models…it is also an opportunity to practice your negotiation skills. I usually will accept the upgrade to the next level…if it is offered at the same rate…I may suggest that we split the rate, or I may refuse to complete the transaction and go somewhere else.
- If your car breaks down be sure that you call the 800 number usually provided for service or road emergencies…if you do not call them first, they may not cover whatever you spend.
- If you discover that you left some item in the car when you turned it in…don’t panic, call the rental location where you dropped off the car, they may have found your item, and will usually send it to you.
- Always be sure you have a major credit card with you, Car Rental companies may accept checks, but they will never rent a car for cash.
Importance of Wildlife is at its core today. Wildlife is meant to be a balance board in stabilizing the ecological diversity and its natural habitat. Wildlife is referred to animals living in wild forests and jungles and not the domesticated one. Wildlife plays like a cycle in the nature, it is like the survival of the fittest, dying and birth is the phenomenon in the course of natural wildlife. The wide diversity of flora and fauna, animals, water bodies, plants and other organisms are in abundance, which comprises as a whole wildlife in India.
The wildlife and its existence are greatly benefiting the natural process which is balancing the ecological and biological process of nature which is very important for the survival of human life. The whole functioning of the biosphere depends on the working of the natural process in wildlife like interactions between plants, animals and other organisms, which helps in the perseverance of the human life further.
The very other reason to maintain the importance of wildlife is the profound beauty of the lush green forests, a home for the animals and species decorated with greenery which is of great fascination among the tourists from different cities and even from around the world. Tadoba Park is considered as the heaven of tigers and beautiful other species, located in the heart of India, near Chandrapur district, and is considered as the largest and biggest national tiger sanctuary in the state of Maharashtra. Tadoba tiger reserve is truly well structured with proper maps and concrete roads for the safari in the wildlife sanctuary. Tadoba reserve is considered to be the best in safari in India. The beautiful constructed resorts, hotels and villas for the night stay in the jungle to enjoy the serenity and peace of the nature which helps invigorates the soul and provides mental peace and rejuvenation.
Wildlife tourism in India is a great fascination for the tourists and travellers, but it also causes hindrance in the peace of wild animals and their natural homes. Therefore, we should be very cautious while entering their territory, with all the alertness that we should not scare or harm them at any cost by littering, by reckless driving in the jungle, or by creating or making noise, and also try not to take the vehicle which is causing pollution to their environment. Tourism should be eco-friendly, so that no harm is caused to the species living in the wildlife.
The wildlife tiger sanctuary in India has commenced with the projects of conservation and protection of tigers and other species of the forests and thereto has led to reduction of poaching in the country.